Saturday, September 03, 2005

Down To The Wire

Today's "Blondie"

Seems like Young and Lebrun are big fans of "The Wizard of Id", doesn't it? It appears that more characters from that strip have been featured throughout the ongoing "Blondie" anniversary plot than any other, with "Beetle Bailey" characters coming in a close second. Maybe they all went to school together. (The artists, not the characters - although it would make some sense.)

Snert attempting to pick up Daisy in "Hagar The Horrible" is pretty classic - I don't think I've ever seen Snert speak anything besides "voof!" (Nor did I know that he was a Viking Water Spaniel, whatever that is.)

Gotta love the subtle plug for tomorrow's big party on the back of Brad's Mad Magazine in today's "Luann."

Hank Ketcham did a really nice job with Dag, Blondie and Daisy in "Dennis The Menace" (and Dennis looks so nice in his little suit!)

I've gotta say - I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's paper!

In Other Comics

GASP! Hilary looks like Kurt Cobain now! Let's see if her mom, "Sally Forth", is going to be down with that program.

Over at Daryl Cagle's site, there are a bunch of Hurricane Katrina cartoons, some reverential and serious, some light-hearted. I picked one that had a certain heft to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

I've been closing my eyes through the rest of the paper to get to the comics. I'm not insensitive...it's overwhelming.

However, it's been Blondie-mania all over the place...Curtis did a whole week of the Blondie storyline. It was funny/sad to get to the finale today.

And, did you get the treat of a Calvin and Hobbes like we did? I thought I had picked up a paper and traveled through time...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

No way, Calvin and Hobbes came out of retirement? Dag!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

And yeah - I feel you, the news has been draining - I've been taking breaks here and there, just to go, you know, read a book or something.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home