Friday, July 29, 2005

Double your funny

One of the things that I like about certain splendid comics is that they don't just deliver a punchline; they often keep hitting you with comedy throughout the strip. "Dennis The Menace" is a good example, usually working with a rhythm that shoots a joke at you within the first couple of frames, then another, and then finally wraps it all up with one last jab. It's the strip that keeps on giving.

"Dilbert" is similar, though less obvious. It's usually funnier in its first frame than most comics are in general.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Aw, Bing, you always seem to write things that I have thought or think about. I love that I laugh progressively louder at each "Dilbert" panel.

Oh, and the tension going on at FBOFW is scary!

I'm going to be in your lovely state next week, btw. My best friends and I are all turning 30 this year, so we're celebrating with a little vacation together -- a few days in Key West and a few days in Miami.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

"Get Fuzzy" does that too - some of these guys are just dangerous.

yeah, FBOFW is getting scary. From middle-age crazy to stalkers, yeesh.

You're probably flying down to south Florida - but if you pass by Orlando by any chance, you must stop for coffee!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home