Thursday, July 21, 2005

Off-Site and Onto Something

Every once in a while, I zip through our daily comics section over a bowl of Total (with Splenda, a gallon of it) and find absolutely nothing that stirs me. I wouldn't go so far as to say "familiarity breeds contempt", but it's like living with family, you know their ways and means, their sense of humor, so sometimes they just don't shock you into living. So you have to go out and hang with some people you don't know as well, just to shake and awake yourself.

I've been merely glancing at "Toy Trunk Railroad", and finding it kind of quaint in a highly specialized way. It's obviously full of love for this particular form of transportation, and being fond of trains myself, I get a kick out of it. However, today's strip appears to hint at a serial nature that I was perhaps missing before. Just a wee bit of comical drama that may have me checking in more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home