Monday, July 18, 2005

Not Like Other Blogs

That goes without saying, doesn't it? I sort of realized this while going back through some older posts. Unlike other blogs that link to articles via permalink (i.e., they're still there down the road apiece), here, most of the links go to a comic strip's "comic of the day" page, which changes, well, daily. In order to see a particular strip in most cases, you need to reference the date of the post and then search for that strip in the archives. In some cases, I'll actually post the strip, but I'm trying to avoid getting a lot of graphics on the blog. Also, I don't always link because I'm a lazy bastard (and also because the "link" function on blogger is possessed, spits out extra characters, erases some others and, well you know if you've tried to use it, sketchy, kvetchy bug-of-a-bear), but most of the toons mentioned here are featured in the blogroll down below. Now, having stated that:

DAMN! Tiffany's showing a little flesh in "Luann", is she not? I've noticed over the years (since the late 70's, gasp!) that Luann has slimmed down, wisened up and begun to show a little belly flesh herself; the whole strip has slowly changed with the times. But today's first panel is, er, fetching. I feel like I'm looking at a Playboy magazine.

God, I hate that "insert link" button. It's 100% "no-go" and "crotchety" today.

Synchro-comics in The Orlando Sentinel as "Hi and Lois" and "Hagar The Horrible", one on top of the other, both end their strips today with dangling commentary---dot-dot-dot. "On the other hand..." "however..." I guess three dots is the norm for such practices, huh?

And in the "That's So WRONG" department - "Mother Goose and Grimm" try to hang Gumby. What's even funnier is Pokey is the source horse. Cringing and laughing at the same time...

Dot-dot-dot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home