Thursday, June 30, 2005

Same ol' same ol'

Grrrr. Sometimes, there's just not a lot of pep in our own funny pages (correction, funny page and I like to go "out there" seeking some new and fresher angle by which to laugh at the world. But today, le internet is being le sluggish and I'm unable to surf for silly. Maybe my humor is still hitched to Spielberg's war wagon and there's nothing wrong with my funny page.

Okay, there was a smile there at Fred's annoyance at being referred to as a "still life." The world must certainly be changing if the highlight of my morning is "Fred Basset." Here's something I didn't know: this strip has been in reruns for over ten years!

Okay again - it's the details, Mr. Wilson appears to be reading a newspaper in Mandarin Chinese. I doubt that's how it was supposed to be construed, but funny in any case. Lordy-Smorgasbord, I'm looking for funny in the margins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

It does seem we have reached a doldrums in comicland as of late. Perhaps, it is just the heat of summer taking it's toll.

Though, I was rather amazed to see Rose in a bikini on Rose is Rose recently. She's hiding a hot body under her mom clothes!

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post today! It means a lot to me.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

Oh God, I know - Rose brought the "toon lust" out in me, Jimbo's a lucky boy!

I've been reading you for a while, but the trilogy definitely resonated. You write with deep eyes. (Sounds like an indian name - Writes With Deep Eyes.) I totally 'got it'!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came accross the term "clean air act traded credits" the other day and I did not know what it was. When I search for it I found your site. Thought you might find that interesting :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home