Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Gettin' Silly Wit' It

There are times when I dig down deep for a dissertation based on the funny pages. And then there are times when I just giggle, snort and get heap-happy jollies from the silliest little details.

Today is one of those days.

"For Better Or For Worse"
has had me giggling as Elizabeth attempts to get her adopted cat into a cat carrier. The look of dismay on kitty's face in today's panel two was classic. Tittering away even as I type. On another note, The FBOFW website is the most extensive comic-strip website that I've ever seen. It's as deeply charming as the strip itself, complete with character insights that go much deeper than the daily action that we see. These are truly just glimpses into a fully realized universe that's just under the surface (and sometimes glaringly on top.) Check out Elizabeth's letters page to see what I'm talkin' 'bout.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Wow! Thanks for the tip. You're right...the site is FULL of great Patterson family info.

I read the FBOFW 25th Anniversary book and the Lynn, the cartoonist, said she has fully evolved, elaborate characterizations of all the people in the strip.
It's wonderful to get in to your own personal craziness like that. I know I do!
;)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

You sure do - your blog is great!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home