Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Peanuts Question

Okay, I'm firmly convinced that Charles Schulz, aware of his impending death, went into overtime and churned out countless "Peanuts" strips to be distributed and published after his passing. The reason I say this is because ever since he died, I've still not seen what appears to be a "rerun" and I know the strip pretty well, having followed it since the early 70's and have several collections from even before that. What else convinces me is that today's strip looks a bit "off-design", as if Chuck was having a hard time maintaining the smooth flow of line that has been a hallmark of the series.

Simul-comics at the bottom of the page for us Orlando Sentinel readers: Both Elizabeth ("For Better Or For Worse") and Zonker ("Doonesbury") are pictured in travel mode, sitting in those oh-so-not-comfy seats aboard some public transportation. I believe Liz is on a bus while Harris is in the air - but still - stacked right on top of each other there - I love it when that happens. Footnote - why does Elizabeth's comment to Shiimsa seem like a promise of chaos upon her return to the household? It's going to be one lively summer with the Pattersons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home