Friday, April 15, 2005

But seriously.....

My wife had an observation this morning about one of the strips in our local paper.

"Is it just me or is 'Sally Forth' getting serious?" she said over breakfast.

"It's just you," I replied, without a trace of sarcasm (though it was hard to manage.)

Actually, it seems that Sally and Ted have both been doing a bit of woolgathering of late, from having a second child to growing older to dealing with Sally's old boss Ralph to wanting Hilary to take piano lessons. But I don't think that the strip is any more serious than "For Better Or For Worse", which regularly tackles subject matter in a highly realistic way. In fact, today's strip seems to hint that Elly Patterson is about to hit a landmark on the road of life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

The woman who writes For Better Or For Worse, Lynn something, put out a book last year for the 25th anniversary of the comic strip. You should check it out sometime!

It's funny to see the early comics and know what happens to them eventually. I think Lynn must be having her midlife crisis, too because Elly's storyline is really heavy handed.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

It seems like both Lynn and John are experiencing some kind of mid-life issues, and they both have to do with WORK! What kind of work do you do? Do you like it?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

Duh! I mean, ELLY and John - you swayed me with that comparison between Lynn and Elly. I wonder if Lynn enjoys her work? Probably - but I'll bet some of the syndicates are a real pain - they're sort of like the Toon Mafia.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home