Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yanking The Chain

Doonesbury is providing scathing commentary on the state of the ever-desparate armed-services as they attempt to recruit Alex. Will she or won't she? Talk about getting your chain yanked.

Every once in a while, "Hagar The Horrible" comes up with something so "out there" that it catches me by surprise. Today's simple two-panel strip features a fluttering butterfly making a dizzying path through the air with Lucky Eddie commenting "butterflies must be heavy drinkers."

For those who are reading here about comics that are not in their local papers, by clicking the comic links, you'll usually be taken right to that day's strip. Most of these sites also have archives, so if there's a particular funny you've missed, it can be found by referencing the date of the blog post. Simple, ja?

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Hello Mr. Futch --
Just a general comment. It pleases me to no end that you have a blog about comics and that someone else in the universe (another "adult" nonetheless) follows comic strips so closely.

I buy the New York Daily News solely for the fact that they have four pages of comics! The rest of the paper is crap.

I wonder if you noticed that recently "Pearls Before Swine" and "Get Fuzzy" ran the same exact story line on the same day. Any thoughts?

Keep up the blogging!
Feel free to check mine if you are bored sometime:
misshag.blogspot.com

Ciao!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

Hello Miss Marisol -

Thanks for dropping a comment here, you're our first one ever! I wish I could say that there was a prize for that, but budgets being what they are, etc.

I wondered when some other grown-ups would step forth and be recognized, how cool that you get four pages of comics! A day? We are starving down here in comparison.

Unfortunately, we only get "Pearls Before Swine" and "Get Fuzzy" on Sundays, so I might've missed the "simul-plot" - I'll have to check their archives and do a little research - don't you love it when that happens? I wonder if cartoonists call each other up and say "okay, on the 23rd, it's all about the waffles!"

BTW, I added you to my personal blog at bingfutch.blogspot.com - I enjoyed your writing and insight and will definitely be back for more.

Mahalo nui loa sistah!

Bing

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home