Tuesday, July 05, 2005

On Bloggers and Blondie

And yes, I did see the Sunday "Doonesbury" that poked fun at bloggers. Meh. I didn't feel insulted - it was probably appropriate at some level, right?

Did you see Blondie doing her impersonation of Sally Forth today? I don't think I've ever seen her usually-wide-open-eyes at snarky half-mast before. It's so, well, un-Blondie-like, that she actually looks a little stoned. What do you think?



The "Blondie" official site features the backstory of Dagwood and Blondie; a story that not only caught me unawares, but makes perfect sense and explains quite a lot. (No wonder he's always dressed like a big playboy. The strip just got ten times funnier to me.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

There was a whole controversy about that Doonesbury strip on various blogs. If you can't laugh at yourself...well...I can't help ya... ;)

I hope you had a delightful 4th! I was pretty intoxicated for most of it. With all my liberal buddies.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Bing Futch said...

Ha-hah, involving liberal amounts of alcohol, of course! That and playing a 30-minute set in 95 degree heat. Heat-stroke is fun if you have a soft place to land. And grapes.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home