Thursday, May 26, 2005

"Zits" Brings It On

The past few days have been Madhouseland (to quote the late, great Falco) as my wife and I prepare for a weeklong trip to Key West, celebrating our one year anniversary. Time's been a precious commodity as I race against newspaper deadlines (Douglas Adams once said "I love deadlines. I like the sound they make as they go whooshing past.") and production obstacles.

But I did get a huge, satisfying larf out of "Zits" today, which actually plunges headlong into current world economic events in a profound way. The thing that's especially pleasing about "Zits" is that its treatment of adolescents in general is spot-on, not only how alien they are, but how amazingly intuitive and intelligent they can be. Jeremy asking for his allowance in Euros is timely as all get-out, given that the dollar market is stranger than a one-eyed optometrist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

It's funny how Jeremy can fluctuate from really smart and adult to zoned-out teen. I'd like to get paid in Euros, too! Or, even have an EU passport! Woo-hoo!

You're going to Key West?!?!? What a great place! I've lived there twice in my life, both for about 7 months at a time. It's a good spot to go and earn some money and escape cold weather.

You should have dinner at a wonderful beachside restaurant called Salute (pronounced Sa-loo-tay). It's on Higgs Beach. I used to work there...the owner, Dawn, is really sweet and the food is great!

Have a great vacation and happy anniversary!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home